Post By Jo @ Including Cake
This is an amazing Chocolate Tiffin. It's also super easy to make, packed full of goodness and finished with the free from organic coconut sugar dark chocolate - delicious!
Recipe: Easy Chocolate Tiffin
Makes 10 squares
- 100g dried fruit mix coarsely chopped (I used dates, raisins, cranberries)
- 100g nuts coarsely chopped (I used walnuts and almonds)
- 20g puffed rice or puffed buckwheat (could use 50g GF biscuit crumbled like a more traditional tiffin)
- 60g coconut milk powder 30% dissolved in 50g hot water (you can also use 60% cmp which makes the tiffin a little firmer)
- 10g coconut sugar
- 100g bar of coconut sugar dark chocolate - split into 2 halves
Melt 50g of the dark chocolate and coconut sugar into the hot coconut milk powder mixture. Mix all the dry ingredients into the wet mix until well coated.
Pack the mixture firmly into the bottom of a small lined cake pan or loaf tin (mixture should be 1 inch thick). Melt the remaining 50g dark chocolate and spread over the top of the mixture in an even layer.
Chill until very firm and then slice into squares. Tip: pour boiling water over a sharp knife before slicing to help prevent the chocolate topping cracking.