Post By Jo @ Including Cake
It's hotting up, summer is in full swing and so plenty of water, berries...and chia seeds have been in pretty much every meal :-)
The unique hydrating properties of the chia seeds make them perfect for the summer months, add a spoonful to your breakfast cereal, your dessert or your smoothie throughout the day. Use them whole or ground depending on your texture preference.
I recently featured these fruity chia lollies over at including Cake, but I couln't resist sharing them here too. You could swap in other berries if you like, i just particularly liked the red against the yellow. Kiwi slices, or blueberries coud work well too. Whilst I was at is I thought I'd include a little round up of all things chia...enjoy!
Recipe: Fruity Chia lollies
Makes 6 lollies
- 3 tbs white chia seeds (dark will work fine too but won’t look so pretty!)
- 2 bananas- mashed well
- 1 tbs maca powder (optional)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup broken rasberry pieces- frozen works best
- 1/2 cup coconut water (or substitute regular filtered water)
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth, stirring through the raspberry pieces last.
- Spoon the mixture into lolly moulds and freeze.