By Jo @includingCake & Natalie@realfoodsource
I love baked porridge for a breakfast brunch! It is so easy to whip up and you can make a big batch to last the weekend. Perfect served hot or cold and this can easily double as dessert with a little extra sweetness added.
Chocolate and orange are also two of my favourite flavours and the texture of the blended oats here is great.
Added chocolate chips is definitely a little indulgence for breakfast, so swap for cacao nibs if you prefer.
Recipe: Chocolate Orange Oat Bake
- 1 cup oats
- 2 heaped tbs cocoa powder
- 1 orange plus zest
- 1 tbs chia
- 2 cup hot water (or swap one cup for orange juice if desired)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk powder
- 2-3 tbs coconut syrup (more or less to taste depending on desired sweetness and whether you used orange juice)
- handful of chocolate drops or cocoa nibs
Mix the oats with the cocoa powder and chia seeds.
Zest the orange and set aside.
Peel the orange, add to the remaining wet ingredients and blend together with half of the zest in a blender. Add the liquid mix to the dry ingredients.
Pour the mix into a oiled pie dish and sprinkle the remaining zest on top and add a handful of dark chocolate drops or cacao nibs.
Bake at 180C for approximately 20 mins or until lightly browned on top. The inside should still be moist.