To add a boost of our new British hemp protein powder to baked goods, start with a simple recipe that you are familiar with and try substituting up to 25% of the flour in the recipe with hemp powder instead. Here's a cookie recipe from Jo that infuses the quinoa cookie with hemp. Give them a go.
Makes approx 10 cookies
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup date syrup (or 3 tabs alternative syrup)
- Few drops stevia to taste
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup hemp protein*
- ¼ cup brown rice protein*
- ¼ hemp seeds (I use unshelled for extra crunch factor)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
*I used hemp protein and brown rice protein as my preferred protein options as they complement each other in texture and I typically like to use hemp wherever possible. Feel free to use your own preferred options.
- Mix all the peanut butter, date syrup, banana and stevia together until smooth.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and then add to the wet ingredients until well mixed and a thick paste is formed.
- Mix in the quinoa until well coated.
- Form small balls with your hands and press down onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 180C for approximately 15 mins. Allow to cool fully.