by Alessandra @thefoodieteen
These beautiful looking nut/egg-free gingerbread cookies are great to warm you up during the winter season. With these cookies only taking a short time to bake they are also great to quickly make for the kids!
Preparation time: 15 minutes + 10 minutes baking time
Servings: 12 cookies
- 1 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 table spoon of vanilla extract
- 2 table spoons of ground ginger
- 1 table spoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 table spoon of ground cloves
- 1/4 table spoon of ground nutmeg
- one-third cup of maple syrup
- one-third cup of coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 table spoon of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
Preheat the oven to 325F/160C. Process the sunflower seeds in a food processor until very, very fine, then sift and discard any large chunks. Combine the ground sunflower seeds with the remaining ingredients in a large bowl until dough is formed. Wrap in plastic wrap, then place the ball of dough in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Roll out to 1/4 inch thick between two pieces of parchment paper dusted with arrowroot starch. Cut out cookies, then carefully transfer to a lined baking tray. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Watch out - they can burn easily. Enjoy!