This creamy protein smoothie using our new organic sunflower 55% protein powder is a fantastic way to add a boost to your day or as a treat post workout. The 55% protein doesn't really have a taste (unlike hemp) so it makes an easy protein mixer for any shake, here the banana and vanilla create the flavour. The cashew or almond paste provide extra nut protein and goodness. In this recipe I used coconut milk powder for a non dairy milk but you can use any milk of your choice. For extra indulgence grate on a little coconut sugar chocolate to serve!
Recipe: Creamy Sunflower Protein Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups of non dairy milk of choice (we used our coconut milk powder 30% to create)
- 1 tbs of cashew or almond paste
- 1 medium banana
- 2 heaped tablespoons of sunflower 55% protein powder
- 1 tsp of coconut syrup (to taste)
- A pinch of cinnamon or vanilla powder (to taste)
- A grating of coconut sugar chocolate on top if extra indulgence is required!
Place all ingredients (except the chocolate) in the blender and blend well. Pour into glasses and grate a little chocolate on top for extra indulgence!