by Kaia @thebakeawayblog
Kaia is the baker behind fantastic Bakeaway blog (http://thebakeawayblog.wix.com/bakeaway) full of eye catching, delicious recipes. Go check them out! These delightful gluten free cupcakes are made with our coconut flour and delicious new Organic White Chocolate Vanilla Drops.
Gluten-Free Double White Chocolate Vanilla Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes: (makes 12)
- 5 medium eggs
- 145g icing sugar
- 250ml rapeseed oil
- 230g Organic White Chocolate Vanilla Drops
- 130g corn or potato starch
- 130g Organic Coconut Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
For the White Chocolate Vanilla Ganache:
- 175ml double cream
- 225g Organic White Chocolate Vanilla Drops
- 12 cupcake cases
- muffin tin
Instructions to make the Cupcakes:
1. Place the white chocolate in a small bowl and microwave on high speed for around 1 minute. Stir to melt completely. Alternatively, you can place the bowl over a pot of simmering water (do not let the bowl touch the water) and stir until the chocolate has melted. Set aside to cool down.
2. Separate the egg whites and yolks.
3. Place the egg whites in a large, clean bowl and beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
4. Add the egg yolks, one at a time and continue beating.
5. Add the icing sugar, one tablespoon at a time, and continue beating with an electric mixer.
6. Slowly pour in the oil and mix gently with a spoon until everything is combined.
7. Carefully pour in the white chocolate to the batter and mix with a spoon (don’t try the batter at this point, you won’t be able to stop eating it!).
8. Sift in the cornflour, baking powder and coconut flour. Gently fold in with a spoon.
9. Divide the batter between the cases and bake at 175 C for around 30 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
10. While you wait for them to cool down, prepare the ganache.
To make the white chocolate vanilla ganache:
1. Place the white chocolate vanilla drops in a medium sized bowl.
2. Pour in the double cream into a small pan and set over a medium heat.
3. When it just begins to boil, pour over the white chocolate and stir until it has melted completely.
4. Place in the fridge for around 30-45 minutes to set.
5. Whip the ganache with an electric mixer to make it look white.
6. Transfer to a piping bag with a star tip attached and frost your cupcakes.
enjoy the delicious cupcakes!